Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This and That

I realized tonight that the last few posts I've done have been about Grandma--which is great. But it's probably time to update on what has been going on with me. So first of all, I have to say Happy Birthday to my brother Jon! He turns 36 tomorrow (March 26). I'm guessing he probably won't read this, but I'll say Happy Birthday to him anyway! He is such a great brother--always kind,laid back, and funny, and will do anything for anyone. He is so cute with the babies--here is a picture of him holding Emilee's little Matthew.



The main thing I thought I would write about is work. I've had a big change at work, where they decided to move one of my co-workers over to a different part of the office, and combine our jobs, so now I'm doing both jobs. I understand why they did it, and totally support them, but it has made me MUCH more busy at work, and I miss talking to Melody every day! I can already tell that it is going to be a good thing though, because I wasn't always as busy as I would like to be, and it is helping me to be much more involved in what is going on in the office. And I love the other two men I am working for. I certainly won't be bored at work!

There were three of us secretaries that worked closely together, me, Melody and Donna. The three of us went to lunch at the Garden restaurant last Friday to say goodbye. Even though Melody is still in our office, I won't get to talk to her all the time.

The lunch was really nice. We walked over to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building (remember last week when the weather was nice?) I had my camera and got some pictures on the way over. I love the sun shining through the water in the fountain. We got to sit right by the window overlooking the temple, and had a really nice lunch. The last picture is the three of us (actually, the last picture is one of the flowers--watch to see more pictures of the tulips when they come out. I love spring)! I'll miss you Melody!









Well, I got up at 5:00 am this morning, so I'd better get to bed! I'll try to post more often.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I am truly so glad you are enjoying your job so much. it sounds so wonderful. sorry you won't work as closely with one of your new friends. It is great fun working more with Janice now at the temple. but i still miss you too!!! have a wonderful day!

Corilee said...

Glad to see that you're not too busy to keep up on your blog. That is a cute picture of Jonathan and Matthew.

Happy Day and I love you!
Mither